Wednesday 26 August 2015

The pilot

Good afternoon people of the internet!!

As most people of my generation-I have started many a blog in my day, never to be revisited or read by anyone!

This one will be different,  Why? I have passion now! I have purpose! I have direction! I HAVE SWAPBOT!

That makes me sound incredibly lame.

I joined swapbot a couple of months ago and have absolutely fallen in love, it combines all of my favorite things-snail mail, crafts and getting gifts! How shallow am I!

I have always been crafty, not necessarily a talented crafter but a dedicated one to be sure! my mom used to get so frustrated at the sheer volume of drawings and papers and glitter glue and works of 'art'! I have never been able to sit in front of the TV with idle hands, and now I have an avenue for my short attention span! I can craft to my hearts content but not drown in the vast sea of 'crafts made past' Solution-I send them to my dear swappies! A heartfelt thank you to all my swap partners who seem to genuinely enjoy receiving my little bits and pieces of art/who allow my to share my heart and soul with them via crafting!

I love card making. I love card making with a deadline! Swapbot gives me that-20 cards need to be sent out tomorrow? done! boyfriend gets frustrated sometimes when I ban him from coming into my craft room (cough my used to be dining room) because I need to focus! when I sit down to churn out that 20, I usually end up with 35! I love how card making can prepare my mind for the seasons to come! I was dreading fall and leaving this surprisingly dry and beautiful summer behind, until I had to make a fall card for a swap! I was reminded all over again how absolutely beautiful and warm and cozy and romantic fall can be! As good as 'living in the moment' is, there is something to be said about being excited for the future-whether that is one day from now, one week, a season from now or a lifetime from now!

My passion is joy. I love joy. I try to share joy, I try to inspire joy! Crafting is my joy. Love is my joy, CATS are my joy!!! Happiness just wasnt enough for me. I craved something deeper. Joy is so much deeper, it is entangled with every fiber of my being.


time to get back to work. I will be back, my dear people of the internet, I want to post pics of some of the swaps I have sent out over the last couple months!!
PS-Swapbot username is Lindor1770-hit me up


peace

-me

No comments:

Post a Comment